Well, not really, but almost. I was sitting here after my husband went to bed thinking about what I should eat. Taco soup came to mind, I figured there would be more than plenty to eat over the weekend and to stock the freezer for a less motivated cooking day.

Here's my recipe:

1.5 Lb ground beef
2 medium onions, chopped
1 can fiesta corn, drained
1 can tomatoes with habaneros
2 (14 oz) cans of diced tomatoes
1 can of white beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup sour cream
3 cups shredded cheese (I used CMJ)

Heaping estimates:
1 Tbs + 1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper

----------

Brown beef in a frying pan and set aside. In soup pot, saute onions in 2 Tbs olive oil until tender. Add beef and all other ingredients and spices except the cheese. Stir until ingredients are well mixed. Bring to a gentle boil and simmer over medium heat for up to 20 minutes. Add cheese and stir. Simmer an additional 10 minutes.

I plan on serving this with fresh baked bread on the weekend. My mom gave me a bread machine that I am dying to try out. For tonight I just crumbled a handful of tortilla chips over the soup. It's my kind of spicy. If you want yours less spicy use canned tomatoes with chili peppers instead.

Enjoy!

Comments (0)