I mentioned in my first post that I would be sharing some of my recent knitting projects. I haven't gotten around to taking photos of them yet and due to some serious stormage, there hasn't been proper natural lighting. If you were reading between the lines you'd also read: I woke up too late and by the time I thought about taking photos it was too late! :)

So... to make up for that (and also to avoid this becoming a purely personal blog about ... kind of boring daily occurances) here is a project that I completed for Christmas two years ago.

I followed this pattern on Craftster using some very soft and bulky acrylic and added some crocheted detailing in black. I didn't like the thin strap with the button, so I knit a stockinette strap with a skull that I drew out on graph paper and sewed on both sides. The recipient of these slippers was delighted, she's nuts about skulls!

I've since made many, many pairs of these. They don't take long to make and use up very little yarn. Additionally, you can add puff paint to the bottom for more traction.

Comments (2)

On June 19, 2009 at 11:25 AM , Roaming Rosie said...

Puff paint for traction - never thought of that! I love the slippers, the skulls are SO cool!

 
On July 31, 2009 at 8:22 PM , isewcute said...

These are a great alternative to plain old socks! I love them! Adding puff paint is genius! Wish I'd thought of doing that to my kiddos' socks when they were learning to walk!