Yeah, it's the one of the topics you don't bring up in social situations. Probably for good reason. I'm not going to air my views here, I'm not even going to define them. What I will do is yack for a moment about other people's views and how they choose to express them.

One link led to another and I landed on a very opinionated man's blog about politics. His posts were, from beginning to end, all negative. He listed off one terrible act after terrible occurrence. It was a lot like watching the (bad) "news" on television. I am all for freedom of speech and expression, but I am just as much for personal responsibility and accountability. I am so very tired of the blame game. I'm also tired of the comparison game, the magic-answer game and the downright negative everything's-going-to-hell game.

I think that if people stopped complaining about this and that and instead chose to become more proactive, issues that seem to so disturb certain people may have the chance of being solved. I think that if we stopped pointing fingers and started using our hands for good more would be accomplished. Words accomplish little, but hands can mold, shape and change things!

I don't think it's okay to spread hopelessness to a nation that needs hope. I don't think it's okay to spread the message of hate to a nation and a world that has a lot of learn about tolerance and true love. Yet, most importantly, I don't think it's okay for all these people to think they know how to run the world better than the next man, when they should be praying instead of judging.

I know, in a perfect world. Such the idealist.

Comments (1)

On June 29, 2009 at 6:15 AM , Jewelry Creators Unite in Numbers (JCUIN) said...

There are those who are plain 'Complainers', complaining about everything. But there are also those who 'critique', similar to complaining they talk about negatives. What sets them a part normally is that the 'critique' kind would tell you what you done wrong and how you could have done it right, whether or not you agree.

We need them both, or we will never see the downside of things and improve. Those who always paint a pretty picture might make you happy, but would you know what is wrong?

We need both, the positives and negatives, we need a balance.