Fireworks are exploding in my house right now. My husband is at the re-enlistment office putting in his request for our next duty station. We got lucky and the one we wanted is open. Yay! Now we're just waiting for an answer and a date. I love the "journey", but knowing the destination is major plus.

Secondly, I was on Ravelry replying to a post about useful knitted baby items and instead of bombing the thread with my reply, here's my list for future reference for mom and baby:

  • Hooded towels
  • Washcloths
  • Wash mitt
  • Bathtoys (knitted over a floating toy/ball)
  • Bath toy hanging bag
  • Highchair cover
  • Stroller cover
  • Shopping cart cover
  • Bibs with pockets
  • Blocks
  • Placemat
  • Boppy cover
  • Changing pads
  • Baseball/sun hats
  • Toy bag
  • Squishy rug
  • Wall art
  • Mobile
  • Soft bath things for mom because it hurts "down there"
  • Frozen meals
  • Frozen cookie rolls
  • Knitted animal/colors/alphabet book
  • Diaper bag
  • Baby shoes drawstring tote
  • Color wheels & b/w toys for newborns
  • Legwarmers/knee protectors
  • Sleep sack
  • Usual array of hats, booties, mittens
  • Hood/scarf combo piece for warmth without strangulation
  • Burp cloths
  • Pacifier case
  • Corner protectors for tables and legs
  • Stackable rings
  • Blanket (duh)
  • Tank tops for summer (harder to find in stores)
  • Dresses (tend to be expensive)
  • Rocking chair pillows
  • Wrist knitting bag for sling mommies
  • Nursing necklace
  • Mommy bandana or headband
  • Nursing cover cardi
Non-knitted items:
  • Mini food chopper
  • Baby/toddler cook books and food prep specs
  • Eating and drinking utensils and accessories for all stages
  • Pumping accessories (bags, drop-ins)
  • Nursing pads (expensive!)
  • Pads
  • Cool packs for "down there"
  • Donut to sit on
  • Diaper Genie refills
  • Diapers and wipes galore
  • GCs for baby-related stores
  • GCs for photographers/photo processing
  • Travel coffee mugs for safer drinking
  • A gigantic bottle of liquor because she'll need it!!!! Just kidding.
I'm sure I'll be adding to this list over time and as new things occur to me. These are some of the things I would have liked to have had, things that friends have requested the most or things that I wish I would have had time to make but couldn't because I was busy being a new mommy myself. I hope someone besides me finds this list useful!

Comments (0)